Shakham the Great

I was accompanying a party of mercenaries under the employment of a local prince who hired them to stage his own kidnapping. I was there to record everything for the prince's planned confession, confusing as that may seem. As interesting as that story was though, I was much more intrigued by the wizard in the party, Shakham the Great. He first caught my eye when he used this charming little cantrip to fold out his plans to the group:

-----
Shakham's Vectorgram
Illusion
Level: Sor/Wiz 0
Components: S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Effect: Lines of glowing substance
Duration: Concentration
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

  "He raised the piece of chalk in the air and began to sketch the fort they were about to invade. The three dimensional model of the building made things much easier to explain to the party..."
  This spell allows you to draw lines of glowing substance in mid air. The lines are stationary and will evaporate if touched or blown by a sufficient wind force. The color of the lines can be chosen at the time of casting and interchanged in the middle. When the spell is let go the lines disappear.
  Material Focus: A bit of chalk.
-----

Shakham displayed a great cunning during their work for the prince. And later I inquired him about this spell and others I've seen him use which I did not recognize. He was kind enough to allow me to study his spellbook after the fuss was over, and what a treasure it was. Surely worthy of his title, each spell presented an artful understanding of forces both grand and small. I will present his works here little by little, after I have had the time to study the copies I made of his original scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment